What was John Ritter's last film
Understand Jedi versus Sith Star Wars Day - This is the order you should watch the movies in
Today, May 4th, is Star Wars Day! The worldwide fan base honors the saga of cult director George Lucas with this unofficial holiday. The date results from a play on words: The English pronunciation of the date "May, the fourth" (May 4th) sounds similar to the cult phrase: "May the force be with you" ).
But this day has a real background: Margaret Thatcher took office as Prime Minister of Great Britain on May 4, 1979. Thereupon colleagues of the "Tories", the Conservative Party, placed an advertisement in a London newspaper with the slogan "May the Fourth be with you, Maggie".
What is Star Wars about?
In a nutshell, the space saga is about the battle of the "light side" against the "dark side". The Jedi are the fighters for good. They face the Sith and other followers of the dark side. While the Jedi fight for the Galactic Republic and freedom, the Sith want to subjugate the free people and establish a dictatorship, the Empire. But the films of the classic good-versus-bad saga are by no means set in chronological order. They have to be understood as three trilogies and two offshoots.
Trilogy 1: A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, The Return of the Jedi
The most important character of the first six parts is Anakin Skywalker, who becomes Darth Vader, the ultimate villain. At the same time, his wife dies giving birth to twins Luke and Leia. Both grow up separately from one another with adoptive parents. Anakin is one of the Jedi Knights, a mystical warrior order whose goal is to maintain peace in the galaxy. Jedi master Obi-Wan Kenobi trains Anakin, but he lets himself into a game with the dark side of the force. Obi-Wan leaves him dying after a fight. Anakin can only survive with the help of a special suit and becomes Darth Vader.
Trilogy 2: The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith
19 years later: Luke Skywalker is trained as a light saber fighter by Jedi master Obi-Wan Kenobi of all people. Together with smuggler Han Solo, some robots and other creatures, Luke takes on the fight against Darth Vader. "I am your father" reveals the tragic family secret and is the most quoted phrase in the saga. In the final battle between Luke and the Emperor of the Sith, Darth Vader returns to the light side of the Force to save his son. He is seriously injured and dies in his arms. Meanwhile, the galaxy celebrates the end of tyranny.
Trilogy 3: The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, The Rise of Skywalker
The third trilogy takes place after the death of Darth Vader. Here, too, good people switch to the bad side and back again. Han Solo and Leia's son, Kylo Ren, strikes the dark side of the Force and wants to kill his uncle Luke Skywalker. Opposite him is the granddaughter of the former emperor, Rey. In a final fight, Rey manages to kill the Emperor with the lightsabers of Luke and Leia before she dies herself. Kylo transfers his life energy to the dead so that Rey can live, thus redeeming his guilt and dies himself.
And for all those who don't have Star Wars baking pans, Star Wars bedding and the LEGO Death Star at home, but want to do a TV marathon again in times of non-contact, we have the ultimate guide to watch.
The Star Wars films in the correct order
The very first Star Wars film was released in 1977, the most recent in 2019. But if you don't want to look at the release date, but want to see the story from beginning to end, you can't start with the first film, but have to start with the 1999 one start:
- Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999)
- Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002)
- Clone Wars (2008) - animated film
- Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018) - an offshoot of the official story
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) - an offshoot of the official story
- Episode IV: A New Hope (1977) - known as "Star Wars"
- Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
- Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983)
- Episode VII: The Force Awakens (2015)
- Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)
- Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (December 2019)
Worldwide there are followers of the Peudo religion "Jediism". They act according to the maxims of the Jedi Knights, such as discipline and humility. In the Czech Republic, 15,000 profess Jediism. But there is also a German order.
- We use doing in order to be
- What are Robin Williams' best roles
- How do I control the device memory
- Why doesn't PHP support traditional function overloading?
- How does Bitcoin mining work?
- Why do I cry about my ex
- Works Mac Office on Windows
- At what age do lions bark
- How do I get to Germany
- Where did you learn Tamil
- Why are some people so against drugs
- How can I become an IELTS trainer
- What do you advise prospective CEOs to do
- How can I search my PUK code?
- Are national anthems protected by copyright
- How to Find a Quality CPA
- How brave is the Brave browser
- MBA students come to PSU
- Why don't hotels allow local IDs
- Is Quora Open Source 1
- What is the Coanda Effect
- Restrict website access to a city
- Which US colleges offer an open curriculum
- How does Rene Descartes define himself