What are the medical uses of cimetidine
Synonyms: cimetidine hydrochloride, etc.
Trade name: H2 Blocker-ratiopharm
Cimetidine is an active pharmaceutical ingredient from the group of H2-receptor antagonists, which is used in the prophylaxis and therapy of acid-related stomach complaints to inhibit gastric acid production.
Cimetidine is indicated in the treatment of the following conditions:
The drug is applied in the form of a solution for injection. Cimetidine has a bioavailability of 60 to 70%. In the blood, 15 to 20% of the active substance is bound to plasma proteins. The metabolism takes place hepatically. The plasma half-life averages two hours. The drug is eliminated renally.
4 Mechanism of Action
Cimetedin inhibits the activity of the parietal cells of the stomach and thus serves to reduce the release of gastric acid.
5 Adverse drug reactions
- Headache, chest pain, joint pain, muscle pain
- Dizziness, insomnia, depression, hallucinations, restlessness
- Erectile dysfunction, gynecomastia
- allergic skin reactions: itching, rash
- Gastrointestinal disorders: diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain
- Cardiac arrhythmias
Cimetidine inhibits some isoenzymes of the cytochrome P450 system. This mechanism is the basis of numerous drug interactions, such as with phenytoin or theophylline.
- How is TISS
- A Jetta is a good first car
- Causes of Abnormal Behavior
- To what extent should abortion be regulated
- How did Ed Sheeran get so popular
- What are some famous hotels in Ranikhet
- How do you break all boundaries
- What are simple side business ideas
- What's worse is fear or rejection
- What happened to King Henry's wife, Katherine
- What was the first Gucci product
- What is a truth table
- Is The Tres Dias heretical and unbiblical
- The players always get away with it
- How does Ayurveda define excellent health
- Uber drivers pay tolls
- You should get a jumbo mortgage
- Like girls, smart, nerdy, geeky boys
- Which book actually contains 2 books
- What is syntax in linguistics
- How is tinder for women
- Who is the messiah
- Beat Kohli less aggressively this IPL
- What's good about being a Gujju