Which universities prefer CLAT grades for admission?
Legitimacy and legitimation
This book deals with legitimacy and legitimation of and in political systems as a core topic of comparative political science. It is thus taking up a highly topical debate. In addition to the legitimacy of political systems and orders, legitimacy is also considered, i.e. the processes in which legitimacy is achieved or with which it is generated. The volume brings together conceptual, normative and empirical contributions that focus on legitimacy and legitimation.
Legitimacy as “essentially contested concept” .- Theoretical-conceptual considerations on legitimacy research.- Overview of the state of research.- Qualitative and quantitative work on the legitimacy of democratic and autocratic political systems.- The legitimacy problem of the European Union.- Legitimation of autocratic regimes.- Hybrids Forms of legitimacy
The target groups
Social scientists and students specializing in comparative political science, democracy research, European research and autocracy research
Dr. Claudia Wiesner is professor of political science with a focus on European integration at the University of Fulda.
Dr. Philipp Harfst is a substitute professor at the Institute for Political Science at the Leuphana University of Lüneburg.
- Claudia Wiesner
- Philipp Harfst
- 1. Faculty of Social and Cultural Studies, Fulda University of Applied Sciences, Fulda, Germany
- 2. Institute for Political ScienceLeuphana University LüneburgLüneburgGermany
About the editors
- Book TitleLegitimacy and legitimation
- Book SubtitleComparative Perspectives
- Editors Claudia Wiesner
- Series TitleComparative Political Science
- Series Abbreviated TitleComparative Political Science
- DOIhttps: //doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-26558-8
- Copyright InformationSpringer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, part of Springer Nature2019
- Publisher NameSpringer VS, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Social Science and Law (German Language)
- Softcover ISBN978-3-658-26557-1
- eBook ISBN978-3-658-26558-8
- Series ISSN2569-8672
- Series E-ISSN2569-8702
- Edition Number1
- Number of PagesVIII, 383
- Number of Illustrations41 b / w illustrations, 0 illustrations in color
- TopicsComparative Politics
European Union Politics
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Recycled U Haul cardboard boxes
- Is there math on the lsat
- How are the 6th grade students
- Is it okay to hate your crush
- How good is IMS Noida for BCom
- What does your pet look like
- Is it normal to smell ghost smells?
- Which video game beat you
- Do I have to start traveling?
- Has anyone ever accidentally sexted their mother?
- Which gas is filled in refrigerator 2?
- Why do Annuitaeten have a terrible reputation?
- What is meatloaf famous for?
- Why is WhatsApp not a dating app
- Automotive mechanics What is the name of this part
- Your Whois information is recorded forever
- Makes Amrita homesick
- What is GCAM
- What is your website turning experience
- What is a professional Describe the person
- What's the best food in Lucknow
- Is the word constituted taken from the constitution
- Where do the zodiac signs come from?
- How can iPhones get a virus
- What is cold water extraction for codeine
- What is the rarest Saab car
- Can science explain love?
- Used Michael Jackson lipstick
- What are the best mobile apps for museums
- What makes your iPhone your iPhone
- How did io games become a thing
- Why is Nawazuddin Siddiqui so overrated
- Can I get a hostel at the DTU?
- What is the mentality of a man