How could the USA be defeated
Story Part 2: War and Peace
Free the world from injustice
The political justification for entering the war, as formulated above all by President Wilson in his fourteen-point program in January 1918, is the expression of a new self-image of the United States in foreign policy. Neutrality in the fight against undemocratic powers is no longer possible, the liberation of the world from injustice and unjust rule is an aim for which military means can and must also be used.
Measured against Wilson's ambitious goals, however, the US population is disappointed with the realpolitik after the end of the war, also due to the high losses on the US side: 160,000 dead and 230,000 injured. From 1921 onwards, the USA therefore followed a consistent course of neutrality and non-interference.
Active intervention instead of neutrality
Only when Franklin D. Roosevelt took office in 1932 did that change. Roosevelt declared war on isolationism, which he believed to be detrimental in the long term for ideological and economic reasons. The fear: undemocratic powers could bypass the US and establish closed markets. In his so-called quarantine speech in October 1937, he compared despotic expansive nations with sick people who had to be quarantined in order to prevent further infection. A worldwide epidemic of lawlessness cannot be prevented with neutrality, but only with active intervention.
- What is the Telugu word for good
- What are the best tomatoes to plant
- How does PUBG affect our health?
- How does gravity cause rotation
- Are you from the mechanical industry?
- The Mangekyo Sharingan also predicts movements
- What is the best memorization tool
- How do you modernize your company
- Can the Skype chat history be manipulated?
- What is ground contact wood
- Machine learning will make doctors redundant
- What is the name of the brain system
- How can I buy my first camera
- Which US President started borrowing from China?
- What do you know about elephant hunting
- What do you think of hijabi girls
- What is your mobile number
- Do data scientists conduct economic models
- What is the secret truth about granite
- How can I get better geographically
- Is Pyrex Glass Freezer Safe
- What made Jawaharlal join politics?
- Whole grain goldfish crackers are unhealthy
- How bad is your friend
- Who is the Kia brand ambassador
- Do you like rib eye steak
- How does Elon Musk read
- How do I map the AWS cloud infrastructure
- How can I help the blind
- What is the function of mint com
- Can I make money repairing furniture?
- Goat cheese comes from goats
- How are fatty acids extracted from plants
- How to find blocked tinder profile