Which guides are good for grade 9
Which pact should I play in WoW Shadowlands? Overview for all classes
With World of Warcraft: Shadowlands the MMORPG gets a new, big feature on the plan: the pacts. With these you should improve your character and get new skills. The choice is relatively binding. So the question is: which one should I choose? MeinMMO will help you with the decision.
Pacts are an important feature in Shadowlands and determine the performance of many classes. We'll tell you which pact best suits your class.
Update from March 19th:We have adjusted the overview of the best packages of all classes for the current patch 9.0.5. With these links you can jump directly to the individual points in the text:
Which pact for which class?
First of all: the pacts differ only slightly in terms of their strength. The effect is likely to be only a few percent between the “best” and the “worst” pact for each class. The choice of the mathematically best pact is therefore only really relevant for hardcore gamers.
The main difference lies in the way you play, which can be changed by each new skill. Basically, you should therefore choose the pact that suits you best. Story, optics and gameplay are usually just as important for fun as the performance. And with something that is fun, you can usually cope better than if you force yourself to perform.
Click on the lists and specializations below to get your best pact straight away.
You should pay attention to this: If you still want to orient yourself towards the "best" pact, there are many criteria here, such as:
- In which area do I want to be strong - dungeons, raids or PvP?
- Do I play tank, healer or DD?
- How does the Pact ability change my rotation, how does it change my style of play?
- Which soul bonds are particularly relevant or strong for me?
Depending on your equipment and changes to classes or pacts, the “best pact” may still change and you shouldn't expect to find a general answer.
Nevertheless, the experts from wowhead and the specialists in the discords of the individual classes have already picked out a few pacts that are particularly strong for the respective classes. We give you a rough overview by pact here.
Each pact has its own story, its own background and a task in the land of the dead. The combative necrolords, for example, provide the army, the Venthyr ensure that the souls of the deceased atone for their onward journey.
For you as a player, the pacts serve as a source of new skills that they will give you when you join them. In addition, you can enter into "soul bonds" with companions who further strengthen you with passive abilities. In our special you can read everything about the pacts and their abilities and rewards.
The choice of a pact is relatively binding. You have to make a decision and after the decision it is possible to change the pact, but it is cumbersome. That means: once you have committed yourself, you will want to stick to the pact at least for a while. In our guide we explain how to change the pact and what to look out for.
So that you don't get annoyed about having selected the "wrong" pact, MeinMMO helps you to choose the best pact for your class.
These classes should be chosen by Kyrians
- Tanks (except druids)
- Protection Paladins (only for dungeons)
- Retribution Paladins
- Affliction Sorcerer (as an alternative to Nachtfae)
- Windrunner Monk
- Holy Paladin (alternatively: Venthyr)
- Frost Death Knight (as an alternative to Necrolords)
The Kyrians were considered the best pact for most classes until shortly before Shadowlands. However, that changed after only a single Soul Gang NPC was nerfed. Even so, they are still strong for some class.
In almost all tank classes, the Kyrian pact ability is extremely useful and helps you to stay alive or to build up a threat and to bind opponents to you. For healers, the ability is a great way to combat high spikes in damage.
These classes should choose Nachtfae
- Many DPS specializations (see below for exceptions)
- Recovery Druid
- Guardian druids
- Holy priest
According to the Kyrian Nerf, the Night Fae represent the strongest pact for most DDs. This applies to mythical keystone dungeons as well as raids. One of the reasons for this is that with a soul bond you can prevent your death every 10 minutes, which is extremely useful for some DPS classes and especially healers. In terms of pure damage, however, the Nachtfae also have the edge thanks to their class skills and bonuses, thanks in part to Niya, who is considered to be the strongest soul bond.
For the recovery druids, the night fae ability "convocation of spirits" offers the possibility to heal several targets for many health points in a few seconds. Something that the druid lacks in this form.
Some DPS classes have better pacts than the Night Fae. The exceptions are these specializations:
- Shadow Priest → can choose any pact (including Nightfae)
- Assassination and deception villains → Venthyr (except for dungeons)
- Elemental Shamans → Necrolords
- Amplifier Shamans → Venthyr
- Arms and Fury Warriors → Venthyr (except for dungeons)
- Frost Mage → Venthyr
- Unholy and Frost Death Knights → Necrolords
- Windrunner Monk → Kyrian
- Retribution Paladin → Kyrian
These classes should choose necrolords
- Holy Priest (only for raids, alternative to Nachtfae)
- Restoration shaman
- Protection warriors (as an alternative to Kyrians)
- Unholy and Frost death knights (for raids, otherwise Venthyr)
- Demonology Sorcerer (alternative to Nachtfae)
- Elemental shaman
- Mistweaver Monk
- Outlaw villain (only for dungeons, otherwise night fae)
For many healers and some spellcasters, the soul bond with Emeni is extremely useful here, which can increase intelligence on demand. In addition, the pact skills complement each healer's spell repertoire and can often be linked to the timers for boss skills in instances.
The DPS classes benefit here from an improved structure of their resources or a reinforcement for their already existing rotation. In addition, some soul bonds and skills can provide a strong buff for the whole group and thus a DPS gain for the raid. Nekrolords offer an easy entry without major changes.
These classes should choose Venthyr
- Protection Paladin (for raids, otherwise Kyrians)
- Blood Death Knight (for dungeons, otherwise Kyrians)
- Amplifier Shaman
- Weapon and Fury Warriors (for raids, otherwise night fae)
- Unholy and Frost death knights (for dungeons, otherwise necrolords)
- Assassination and deception villains (for raids, otherwise night foes)
- Havoc Demon Hunter (as an alternative to Night Fae)
- Frost magician (for raids, otherwise night fae)
- Arcane Mage (as an alternative to Night Fae)
In the meantime, the Kyrians have established themselves as the best pact for a number of classes, thanks in part to some adjustments to all pacts. Especially the active skills of the classes can have a big impact on how much damage you can deal or take.
So keep in mind that you may have to change your play style when you join the Venthyr. Many of the Pact abilities occupy an important place in the damage rotation and priorities of DPS classes.
Anyone interested in PvP should also take a closer look at the Venthyr - here the Venthyr, together with the Kyrians, are considered to be particularly strong. Especially the soul bond with Nadjia can give you some advantages here.
If you need more help, you can take our quiz to find out which pact is right for you. Have you already made up your mind? Then tell us in the survey on MeinMMO which pact you will join.
More tips on Shadowlands
Pacts are the biggest feature in Shadowlands, but even more changes with the new expansion. We have some useful guides and overviews for Shadowlands in the overview:
The ultimate compendium for WoW: Shadowlands
148 pages of guides for newcomers and those returning to work, including free ePaper for pre-orders and XXL posters. Everything you need to know about the new pacts, Torghast and the classes is practically in hand.
You can also hear what the editors and experts of Shadowlands think in our MeinMMO podcast. Editor Leya Jankowski talks to WoW author Benedict Grothaus and the GameStar community manager, Marylin Marx, about the story of Shadowlands, the new features, experiences for newbies and the future.
You can find the podcast now, on Spotify, iTunes and on our podcast page on MeinMMO.
World of Warcraft: Shadowlands
World of Warcraft, the most played online role-playing game of all time, offers a huge, varied and atmospheric game world. There is for ...
- How much do Shetland sheepdogs cost
- Who is Shopkicks competition
- What is the method of the second version
- What are some wired interview questions
- Kiwi is also grown in India
- What is a Consolidation Loan
- How is Islamic extremism affecting the US?
- What is the specific heat for wood
- Is Mucuna Pruriens better than Wellbutrin Bupropion
- Add positive or negative charge to batteries
- What does a bodyworker do
- How are Photoshop Elements and GIMP different
- How to use a diary effectively
- How can I improve my math problems
- When should I use the C language
- Love insurance company lawyers
- Where is Kevin Spacey hiding these days
- What is your unknown favorite kitchen item
- What degree can journalism have as an elective?
- Physical chemistry Why are certain metals sproede
- What two industries are in Kolkata
- Why do students get depressed
- How deep will Trump's recession be?
- Who is Thales in Philosophy
- How can you create a slideshow
- Will people ever learn to get along?
- How often does winter come
- What is it like to live in Coonoor
- What does an F 1 status mean
- Does muscle memory have a? Forgetting curve?
- What is a waste to the energy incinerator
- What does it mean to be trumped
- What does statement red mean