How do I restart an Olofen
Oil stove: function, consumption & costs at a glance
Oil stoves fall into the category of oil burners without auxiliary energy. An oil stove is often used to support central heating, but it can also replace it entirely. Models with electric ignition and thermostat generate a pleasantly cozy warmth and can be conveniently regulated like a conventional oil heater. The heating output of most ovens with up to 5 kW is often sufficient to heat some rooms. Significantly more complex systems are required for central heating.
A temperature of at least 55 degrees Celsius is required for the oil to burn. The heat of combustion of the oil is used to maintain the temperature required for the process. Apart from the ignition process, no electrical auxiliary energy is required. The ignition can be done in different ways:
- fixed oil stove lighter
- liquid oil stove lighter
- special wick
- electric ignition
An oil stove can be equipped with a built-in heating oil tank, which means that it is independent of supply lines. If it is an oil furnace with a central oil supply, a motorized oil make-up system is integrated, in which the oil is fed into the furnace by means of a pump. If you want to buy an oil stove, you can fall back on a wide range of different manufacturers. In the following we present two popular models as examples.
Example 1:Viking by Haas and Son
- The oven is for around 900 euros available.
- It scores with its high performance and the large viewing window.
- When choosing a heater, you have to pay attention to the nominal heat output, among other things. In the case of the Viking model, this is 5.5 kW according to the manufacturer.
- The consumption of an oil stove is another crucial factor. You should expect around 0.24 liters per hour for the stove from Haas and Son.
- The equipment does not yet include the 8.5 liter oil tank, it must be purchased separately.
- Connection to the central oil supply is possible.
Example 2: Wamsler OS 4/5 Vario
- The cost is around 330 euros.
- You can watch the warming flames through the window. The glass ceramic has been certified by TÜV, which guarantees sufficient safety.
- Equipped with an 8.3 liter tank, the oil stove provides cozy and pleasant warmth for up to 33 hours.
- Especially in the cold season, the stove provides the right ambience thanks to its optics.
The stated costs are the pure purchase prices without assembly and accessories. For every running meter of stovepipe, around 50 euros are charged. The assembly costs amount to around 500 euros.
The cleaning of the furnace
It is imperative to clean the oil stove regularly. At the latest after the end of the heating season, both the pipe to the chimney and the stove itself must be cleaned. Smoke pipes and flue gas connections must be cleaned with a vacuum cleaner or a hand spring. Thoroughly remove coking and soot from the burner pot.Specialized cleaning scrapers are available from specialist retailers, which are ideally suited for this task.
Tip: When you put the burner rings back in, pay attention to the labels so that you can see which side is the top and which is the bottom.
Use a fine steel brush to clean the burner nozzles, small recesses in the wall of the burner pot. It is important that these holes are free to ensure proper air supply. The oil pan must also be cleaned regularly. Otherwise bad smells can develop. When carrying out the cleaning, pay attention to the exact instructions of the manufacturer, as each model has its own characteristics.
In addition, follow all safety regulations, such as having a fire extinguisher or a fire blanket ready. Water must never get into the actual combustion chamber, as this could result in deflagration.
If you don't want to do it yourself, you can have the furnace cleaned by a specialist company. The costs for this range from 70 to 100 euros. Since regular cleaning is necessary anyway, it makes sense to take out a maintenance contract. Here owners get significantly more favorable conditions.
- Why does the Tower of Pisa lean
- Why Jane Eyre is a classic novel
- How was summer in the 1960s
- What programming language does Ripple use
- What are the different jobs in Korea
- How would impossible meat work in sausage
- Where can I get a body massage
- Food spoilage is a chemical reaction
- What is the best art show in Miami
- What is hydrogen peroxide absorption treatment
- Multitasking leads to stress
- What is the longest running Broadway show
- What is financial mystery shopping
- Can conductive polymers generate eddy currents
- Is Superman faster than tachyons
- How do male and female hands differ?
- How is YouTube paid out
- How are links renamed
- What is an IP Sweep Attack
- What are some must see movies 3
- Which metal does not melt
- How do I use TuDelft scholarships
- How exactly is the butterfly effect
- How important is it to look beautiful