What does decipher mean?
The verb decipher means "decrypt". It originally refers to the transmission of an encrypted (also: ciphered) message in plain text.
In a figurative sense means decipher also deciphering complex, difficult to understand facts and translating them into clear, easy to understand words.
Origin of the term is the synonymous French decipherer.
Audio sample: Listen to the pronunciation
Phonetic transcription (IPA):[deʃɪˈfʁiːʁən]
His task during the war was primarily to intercept messages from the enemy decipher.
Barack Obama's National Security Agency (NSA) appears to be able to use encrypted online communications decipheras evidenced by documents from whistleblower Edward Snowden.
It was only in the second half that they gradually managed to match the defending champion's attack patterns decipher and to react confidently accordingly.
His opaque writing style is difficult for me too decipher.
Subscribe for free and learn a new foreign word every day
Receive the word of the day every morning with our free newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time. Your data will not be passed on to third parties for advertising purposes.
More interesting words:
postkoital - The adjective postkoital means "after sexual intercourse", describes ...
Anachronism - An anachronism (which) is something out of date, i.e. (from progress) ...
original - The adjective original means "original", "real" or "unadulterated" ....
difficult - The adjective difficult means "difficult", "complicated", but also "extremely ...
implicit - The adjective implicit is derived from the Latin word implicitum ...
- When will you stop worrying?
- What exactly is the study of classics
- How do I get nostalgia
- How does sugar dissolve in tea
- Which are good road trips near Ahmedabad
- What is the Kerberos authentication mechanism
- Can you make bamboo in Minecraft
- Are alpha men honest
- Should I stop loving this girl?
- What's a better online pay app
- What is the movie The Machinist about
- Who are the NFL quarterbacks
- Organic sea salt is harmful to health
- Does an English accent sound sexy?
- Why should anyone invest rationally in Greece?
- How many habitable planets are there
- How do I deploy a Turing machine
- What is God Kabir
- Is your man on Quora
- How did you achieve self-actualization
- Why are some films made from scratch all the time
- What is a Lean Startup Workshop
- Does it ever snow in Albuquerque NM
- Is a penile implant worth it