Is an operation boring 1
Tips, tricks and tricks before shoulder surgery is due: This is what you should know
A shoulder surgery service - Orthopedics, Klinikum Dortmund gGmbH
Tips before a planned shoulder operation
Things to ask about and what to know
Do you know the situation when you want to buy a new car, a new household appliance, a new computer, tablet or smartphone? Weeks in advance, many of us try to find the right and best device for them in trade magazines, test portals on the Internet, leaderboards, by asking neighbors and friends.
Do you do the same with your health? Nowadays more and more patients do this. After all, it is about your health - a great good. It is important that you find the right surgeon for your problem. It is just as important to coordinate your expectations with your surgeon. Can a condition “as good as new” or “better than before” be achieved after an operation? Only when you know what you want to achieve is it possible to make it clear to your practitioner what you are expecting. It is important that he understands this and that the patient and surgeon coordinate precisely these expectations.
So there are a number of important questions to be answered.
What patients want to know (and don't always dare to ask):
1. Is the operation vital and absolutely necessary or recommended?
2. Are there still alternatives to the operation?
3. What happens if I don't have an operation? How is the natural course then?
4. What can happen? What are the risks of the procedure? What complications can arise and how often do they occur?
5. How many such operations does the surgeon perform per year and how long have they been doing?
6. Is he or she really the best surgeon for this procedure?
7. What results does he usually achieve with such an operation that I am due?
8. Do I still have time to wait?
9. How much will my situation improve after such an operation?
10. How long will I be absent from work?
11. How long can I not do my sport?
12. Would he have himself operated if he were in my situation?
13. Do the benefits of surgery outweigh the potential risks?
14. How much will the improvement be after the operation - much or little?
If you cannot keep all of this in mind and perhaps not all questions - or even completely different questions - are important to you, take some time and calm and a piece of paper and pen to hand. Write down everything you want clarified and go through it step by step with your potential surgeon.
Shoulder surgery is generally reputed to be painful. Whereby the vernacular does not differentiate which intervention is involved. Because by far not every shoulder intervention is really painful. You should ask your doctor what to expect and how the operation should be classified in terms of pain. Are there corresponding pain patterns adapted to the patient and the operation, are appropriately trained nurses (so-called pain nurses) on site, are regional anesthesia (so-called plexus catheter on the shoulder) routinely placed?
If you need to have a procedure, the best results will be obtained from doctors, hospitals and physical therapists who perform such treatment day after day or week after week. It is therefore advisable to look for a suitable shoulder and elbow specialist or hospital and physiotherapist.
Your doctor can put your body together perfectly during the operation. Ultimately, the end result depends a lot on you and your cooperation. Clarify whether appropriate post-treatment schemes are in place. The exercises that are necessary after the shoulder operation must be consistently carried out in the days and weeks afterwards. Even if the exercise program is boring or you hardly have time to visit the physiotherapist in everyday life. These are important things to persevere after your surgery. Find out if you can. Plan something like this for weeks.
Roughly, one half of the success lies in the hands of your surgeon, the other half of the success lies in your hands. Cooperation is the order of the day - especially with shoulders - and not passivity.
Ask questions, be critical, discuss your expectations, and gather information, and you are well on your way to recovery.
Orthopedics, shoulder consultation, Dortmund Clinic (center), Beurhausstrasse 40,
D-44137 Dortmund, 0231-953-21851
- What made you live in Atlanta
- Why are my PS3 controller buttons stuck
- How does Rust deal with parallelism
- Uses Microsoft R for internal projects
- Which ECE jobs are available
- When did the Normans invade England?
- What are nanoclusters
- What are the consequences of not grieving
- Why is Mother Teresa a good saint
- What are obstetricians
- Under which board is NWAC NE
- Why should your graphics card overheat?
- What is a call center software solution
- I have to learn the dog language
- What is a fully automated business
- How do I speed up learning
- What does muhammad mean in Hebrew
- What is the source of beryllium
- What is the Relection of Citizenship
- There is Mexican pasta
- Who are your ten best anime characters
- What are stereo circuit diagrams used for
- What should I do in Russian
- How does Zappos define a customer