Obsessive-compulsive disorder is real
How does obsessive-compulsive disorder develop?
Two causes can be identified in the development of an obsessive-compulsive disorder: the genetics and the learning history of a person affected. The genetics make up about 30% of the causes, whereas the learning history is responsible for the remaining 70% of the causes. This means that in a patient affected by obsessive-compulsive disorder, both causes almost always come into play, ie a mixture of “genetic disposition”, ie the genetic makeup that a person carries from birth, and the development of learning history, ie education, early childhood development , Adventures.
The genetics can be scientifically proven, among other things, by a familial accumulation of OCD and studies with identical twins growing up separately. It is also assumed in science that affected people with obsessive-compulsive disorder, in addition to the genetics shown, also develop these due to several causes of learning history, not just a single event. Compulsions are usually due to several and different causes.
Some people can relatively clearly identify a single cause of their obsessive-compulsive disorder and attribute it to obsessive-compulsive thoughts. No matter how comprehensible these obsessive thoughts may be (e.g. "I started to wash out of disgust after I was raped.", "I'm afraid that something bad will happen if I don't control everything very carefully"), other people react in similar situations but very differently on the thoughts. This means that there must be other causes as well. It is now necessary to find out these causes.
Within the early learning history in childhood and adolescence, different problem areas can be responsible for the development of OCD. Forms of upbringing, such as extreme toilet training, have already been named by Sigmund Freud as jointly responsible for obsessive-compulsive disorder in a certain development phase. High performance standards, strong overprotection of the child and the example of ritualized and rigid processes are further styles of upbringing that can promote the development of obsessive-compulsive disorder. Education thus has a great influence on people's experiences, thoughts and actions. But experiencing terrible situations throughout your life can also have a significant impact.
Traumas are experiences outside of our experience and often imagination. They make people deeply insecure and cause existential fear. Losses such as the death of a loved one or animal, stress and interpersonal conflicts can also be relevant triggers for compulsions and the associated thoughts. A lack of self-worth and overly strong moral and ethical ideas can create compulsions. Moral values can express themselves, for example, in religiosity but also in other views. What they have in common here are very rigid norms and ideas that leave the person concerned little room for maneuver in their thoughts and actions. Conversely, flexibility can be said to be the enemy of OCD.
- Bernie Sanders would take the guns away
- What are the best schools of architecture
- Follow foreigners on official WeChat accounts
- Why is the Black Sabbath hotter than ever
- Why transition elements are called transition elements
- How do we pay mutual fund advisors
- What are some arguably perfect films
- What are some major subjects related to chemistry
- What is a parallelogram
- Which cities in Canada are the friendliest
- Jadavpur University has lost its reputation
- What are the most exciting short films
- There are 48 contiguous American states
- What do you mean by me
- Why doesn't my desktop turn on?
- What does SalesforceIQ
- Who is Ketan Parikh
- How many introverts are there on Quora
- Why are databases used
- What are the most common questions about Laravel interviews
- What is sweep meshing
- Why is human behavior so critical
- What's behind plaster walls
- Rice has colors other than white
- What are some similar websites like AppVita
- What is it like to raise a schizophrenic child
- The most effective digital platforms currently in use
- Can an average intelligence be improved
- The Easter Bunny visits Australia
- How is enstol in tcs
- Who discovered how to get Robux free
- Is religion unique to people