What is polymyalgia rheumatica
How common is polymyalgia rheumatica?
PMR is a disease of the elderly with an age of at least 50 years and an incidence peak between the seventieth and eightieth year of life. Women are two to three times more likely to be affected than men. Compared to Europeans, PMR is less common in Asians, African Americans and Latinos. A north-south divide can be observed within Europe: for every 100,000 inhabitants, between 113 in Norway and 13 in Italy fall ill.
What are the causes of polymyalgia rheumatica?
The causes of the body's autoimmune response in PMR remain unclear. Genetic, immunological, infectious and environmental factors seem to play a decisive role in the development of the disease. PMR is not contagious and is not inherited, even if familial clusters have been observed in isolated cases.
How is polymyalgia rheumatica noticeable?
PMR patients report an often rapid, but sometimes creeping onset of illness with a severe, general feeling of illness (fatigue, fever, night sweats and unwanted weight loss), pronounced morning stiffness of the muscles and joints for at least 45 minutes as well as sore muscles and weakness in the neck and shoulder - and pelvic thigh muscles. These complaints can be so pronounced that PMR patients have difficulty getting out of bed in the morning, getting dressed, washing or getting up from a chair.
- What should never change in Madrid, Spain
- What is DB in PHP
- Why did China abandon the socialist economic system?
- The United States is finished economically
- Which punctuation mark is most frequently misused?
- How bachelor life should be
- Why does Trump think Toledo is Dayton?
- Why is iOS not popular in Europe
- Should I visit Daegu and / or Daejeon
- What is an alternative to Gumtree
- When should I use the C language
- What is the importance of thinking about death
- How has affiliate marketing changed your life
- What was John Ritter's last film
- What places should I visit near India?
- Should the salary be based on experience
- What are ceremonies in the crowd
- Has a paranormal phenomenon been detected?
- What's your favorite hunting service pistol
- What is circulatory system homeostasis
- Where do the Germans go on the weekend
- What is the importance of sales channels
- Loves China Trump's impeachment proceedings
- What are some substitutions for Crisco shortening
- What is 3A in railways
- OneCoin will be the next after Bitcoin
- Relationships have a lifespan
- What is your rating of LG G3
- Why doesn't my husband love me
- What are the worst things about SeaWorld
- How is Sony MDR XB55AP good
- Can I sell electricity
- Which questions about the interview are illegal