How do you reduce the magnification
Use accessibility features on Apple Watch
Learn about VoiceOver, zooming, on / off labeling, wheelchair options, and other accessibility features available on Apple Watch.
Open Accessibility Settings on Apple Watch and iPhone
Apple Watch has a number of built-in accessibility features to help you get the most out of your device. The following steps can help you find accessibility settings on Apple Watch and iPhone:
- On your Apple Watch, open Settings, then tap General> Accessibility.
- On the iPhone, open the Apple Watch app, tap the My Watch tab, then tap General> Accessibility.
To learn more about accessibility features on Apple Watch, choose the following buttons:
Read below to learn more about VoiceOver, Zoom, Grayscale, On / Off Caption, Extra Large Watch Face, and more.
You can activate and manage these features on the Apple Watch and via the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. On Apple Watch, go to Settings> General> Accessibility> Vision.
Built-in screen reading technology, VoiceOver, lets you know what's happening on your Apple Watch and helps you navigate even when you can't see it. VoiceOver is available on Apple Watch in 37 supported languages, and all native apps such as Mail, Calendar, Maps, and Messages are compatible with VoiceOver.
When you first set up your Apple Watch, you can turn on VoiceOver simply by tapping the Digital Crown three times.
Use the screen curtain with VoiceOver
If you're using VoiceOver on Apple Watch, you can turn on the screen curtain for added privacy. When the screen curtain is turned on, the display turns off and your device and VoiceOver navigation remain active. For example, if you want to check your account balance in a public place, the screen curtain turns off your screen so that the information is not visible.
Here's how to use the screen curtain with Apple Watch.
The integrated zoom function works everywhere in the Apple Watch. Use the Digital Crown to scroll through the screen line by line - or move around with two fingers. With up to 15x magnification, users with various visual impairments can also get the most out of the Apple Watch.
Once zoom is on, double-tap the Apple Watch screen with two fingers to zoom.
On / off labels
To make it easier for you to see whether a setting is activated or deactivated, the Apple Watch can, if desired, display an additional label on the on / off switches.
Users who have difficulty seeing font in some colors can turn on grayscale on the Apple Watch display. After you have set the filter, the settings apply system-wide.
Apple Watch offers several ways to enhance the images and text displayed on the screen. Learn more about Bold Text, Reduce Motion, Reduce Transparency, and Extra Large Watch Face below.
"Bold Text" and "Text Size"
If you turn on "Bold Text", the text on the Apple Watch appears darker. In addition, you can use the "Text Size" setting to adjust the size of the text displayed on the screen. All apps that support dynamic text adapt to your preferred font size.
- On your Apple Watch, open Settings, then tap Brightness & Text Size.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. Select the My Watch tab and tap Brightness & Text Size.
You can reduce screen movement on Apple Watch. When you turn on Reduce Motion, some screen elements - such as moving icons around the Home screen - become easier and are more directly related to your navigation gestures.
You can increase screen contrast by decreasing the transparency of the background behind elements such as clues, Siri, and checks.
Extra large dial
With the Apple Watch, you can choose an oversized watch face. The numbers will then take up the entire screen and the time will be easier to read.
Apple Watch also has features that let you customize how you receive notifications and reply to messages. Below you can find out more about "Mono Audio", "Taptic Engine" and "Striking Haptics" and "Doodling".
If you are deaf or hard of hearing in one ear, you may miss some of the audio content when using Bluetooth headphones. This is because stereo recordings typically use separate audio tracks for the left and right audio channels. Apple Watch can broadcast both channels of audio to both ears for you, and you can adjust the volume for each ear individually.
You can set your mono audio settings in the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. Open the Apple Watch app, tap the My Watch tab, then tap General> Accessibility> Mono Audio.
Taptic Engine and "Striking Haptics"
The unique Taptic Engine alerts users to incoming messages with a light, discreet tap on the wrist. You can turn on haptic feedback or turn on "distinctive haptics" to announce some common hints.
On Apple Watch, go to Settings> Sounds & Haptics.
When you're not using your dictation feature and can't find the right smart answer to a message, you can respond by scribbling letters on the screen and Apple Watch converts it to text.
To respond to a message by scribbling, do the following:
- On your Apple Watch, open a text message or email, scroll to the bottom of the message, and tap the Doodle icon.
- Write your answer with one finger, then tap Send in the top right corner of the screen.
Physique and motor skills
Apple Watch is equipped with fitness algorithms and sensors specially designed for wheelchair users so that they can track their activities more precisely. So when the wheelchair setting is turned on, your iPhone will log thrusts instead of steps and register different types of thrusts, speeds, and terrain. You will also see a roll target instead of a standing target in the Activity app.
The workout app offers you two unique training options: "Outdoor wheelchair (walking pace)" and "Outdoor wheelchair (walking pace)". Just choose a workout and Apple Watch will activate the appropriate sensors.
To turn on the health and fitness features for wheelchair activities, edit the wheelchair setting in the Health section of the Apple Watch app. It works like this:
- Open the Apple Watch app and tap Health.
- At the top right, tap "Edit" and then "Wheelchair".
- Select Yes, then tap Done in the top right corner.
Learn about the different types of exercise on your Apple Watch, including wheelchair exercise types.
- How do I start mining old coins
- A virus can cause neurological symptoms
- Is Elizabeth Holmes a lieutenant?
- How applied mechanics helps electrical engineers
- Game development is more difficult than web development
- Is performance pointless If not, why not
- What's your rating of Mohanlal Actor
- Did you hear Odesza?
- How good is Infosys
- Regret your eyebrows are micro-laden
- Does Zack King have real magic
- Are there Gili Islands in Bali
- No correlation always means no causality
- What is the symbol for real numbers
- Can Muslims become Christians?
- What do the balls mean
- Which protocol does SolarWinds use
- I am a clairvoyant
- What is the solar PV cell
- What is the scope for Saigon
- Which is better BPO or AR caller
- What rappers became diamonds
- What happens when you inject Flexeril
- How can LinkedIn be better
- What's the hardest thing about inline skating
- What were Michael Jordan's greatest achievements
- What is your opinion on dealing with stress
- Girls have to be pretty
- Apple will release a 5-inch iPhone
- Why is human behavior so critical
- What kind of rock is AC DC
- What is meatloaf famous for?
- Should the BBC ban Michael Jackson's music
- Why does Puerto Rico speak Spanish