Why is Pakistan Promoting Powerful Religious Conversions?
As we all know, if you want to enjoy a harmonious get-together with friends, two issues should be avoided at all costs: politics and religion.
In a certain sense, the present work goes against this wise advice because it is precisely about religion and politics, or rather, about the relationships that exist between religion and society.
Religion has always been an important part of the social whole, just as it has influenced the self-perception of society: more than that, it has often even defined the governing principles itself. The progress in society and science, however, took an autonomous course that was independent of religious thought. Nevertheless, religious forms of expression have survived in the world, partly in the form of ritual and moral principles, partly as pure nostalgia.
The ambitious aim of this book is to analyze the relationships between religion and society over the centuries.
Religion - for what? Religion and economy History of religion Philosophy of religion Economics and culture World religions Religion
Authors and affiliations
- 1. Universities of Monterrey Mexico City Mexico
- Book TitleWhy Religion?
- Book SubtitleMessage and Significance of the Great Religions
- AuthorsHermann von Bertrab
- Series Title Contributions to religion, past and present
- DOIhttps: //doi.org/10.1007/978-3-86226-841-2
- Copyright InformationCentaurus Verlag & Media UG2012
- Publisher Name Centaurus Verlag & Media, Herbolzheim
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Science (German Language)
- Softcover ISBN978-3-86226-060-7
- eBook ISBN978-3-86226-841-2
- Series ISSN1616-4725
- Edition Number1
- Number of PagesX, 386
- Number of Illustrations0 b / w illustrations, 0 illustrations in color
- Topics Sociology of Religion
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- What are we studying in industrial engineering
- Formal education can make up for lack of intelligence
- Are emotions tacit knowledge
- What are the properties of radio waves
- Japanese students do projects
- What is a database schema
- What is a normally variable
- Why wasn't Gandhi murdered by the British?
- Why is listening more important than speaking
- How do you cure recurring mouth ulcers
- What is the power factor of LCR
- How do I scale my NGO
- Who invented the seams?
- Why is hydrogen combined with chlorine
- The truth is to be found in the conscious reality
- What are not classic baritone songs
- Nietzsche studied semiotics
- Is the printing cool
- Can I slowly lose my emotions over time?
- During the pile we can eat fish
- Why do dentists aggravate the dental problem
- How would art speak to someone
- What is a liquid ring compressor
- What is the cost of living at sjsu