Is it so important to get married?
1. Why get married: love, security and harmony
It is a symbolic gesture of love and mutual devotion. The wedding gives friends and family a reason to celebrate our relationship and life together for an entire day.
2. To start a family and for a stable environment for the children
A marriage promises - at least in theory - the most stable environment in which to have and raise children. For many, marriage is still the prerequisite and prior legitimation in order to start a family.
3. A partner by your side for life
When it comes to the question “Why get married?”, The answer often comes up: Growing old for life with a partner. Saying “yes” without hesitation is often seen as the crowning and greatest token of love. The common name, the confession before God and / or the registrar welds two people together. Couples who venture into marriage after living together for many years without a marriage certificate also report a changed feeling of togetherness.
4. Protection of the spouse and children
As a wife or husband, in the event of the death of your partner, you automatically have more rights than, for example, a life partner (e.g. widow's or widower's pension). Inheritance within a partnership is currently only possible if a will is available. If something should happen to one of the parents, the spouse also has custody of the children together.
5. An unforgettable wedding celebration with family and friends
A beautiful wedding celebration with the whole family, being the focus for a day as the bridal couple, planning a lavish wedding party, looking forward to wonderful gifts - a wedding is a great thing!
6. The wedding party: Be a princess for one day
There are women who plan their wedding day from childhood: the dream of a prince, a carriage and of course the most beautiful wedding dress in the world. So why not get married for this reason and feel like a princess for a day?
7. Marriage as a sign of belonging
The official commitment to the spouse is also a reason for many to get married. The bride and groom would like to say yes in front of their family and friends in order to send a message to the outside world: We belong together.
8. Marriage helps through difficult times
Two people who have been married long and happily are usually not only connected by love, but also by a long friendship. And so, married couples can often survive times of crisis without major injuries. Because: if you are married, you don't just split up. Divorce is costly and nerve wracking. Joint children or property also bind a married couple together. Often times, two people get together rather than parting over problems. And often they emerge strengthened from the phase in which they prevented the divorce.
9. Marriage is good for health
Another reason for going to the registry office: Being married is good for the soul and body. According to a study from New Zealand, married people are less likely to become mentally ill, depressed or addicted to drugs or alcohol - this applies to both sexes.
10. Legal motives for marriage
People may refuse to testify in court or to the police if close relatives are incriminated as a result. The right to remain silent does not only apply to the spouse, but also to the fiancé.
Our tietheknot tip: In terms of taxation, marriage in Austria has few advantages, unlike in Germany. In contrast to Germany, there is no household taxation in Austria and therefore you cannot save taxes here even with a marriage.
Our tietheknot tip: At eheonline.at there is an interesting worksheet on the subject of “Trapped: Why get married?”, Which you can work on and fill out together with your partner.
Book tip: ready to get married? The book for lovers
|Do we love each other Are we similar, but also different enough? Anyone wanting to get married has many questions. This book lets couples get into conversation and illuminates topics that one does not want to ignore. Includes eight good ideas for Christian couples who want to prepare for marriage. |
It is available on Amazon for 14.99 euros. *)
*) Affiliate link
Don't forget it - pin it!
- Disney will own Nintendo
- What was Joshua's role in the Bible
- Should I sell Signet Industries stock?
- What is waste and waste disposal
- How gas creates fire
- What is the name of Cerberus in Roman mythology
- Is Samsung S9 good
- Why is pop punk dead
- Would you recommend Masterclass
- Why do the rings of Saturn shine
- How are the IT jobs
- Enjoy eating hard-boiled eggs
- What is the definition of the subatomic universe
- What are bacteria
- What is antisense gene therapy
- Are copper sulfate crystals dangerous
- What are the main types of probes
- Is Lisk the best blockchain
- How can I impress my aunt
- What is an accomplishment that you are proud of
- What is your favorite local sports team
- Who is your most pleasant trip abroad
- What is the formula of sodium carbonate
- You should try almost anything in life