What is the purpose of a salt solution?
Textbook of Human Physiology pp 227-232 | Cite as
Nutrients are usually defined as those organic compounds which are changed by our metabolism in such a way that the energy released is made available for work and for warming the body, and which are at the same time capable, either directly or after a corresponding transformation to act as a substitute for lost body substance. If the emphasis is placed on the second half of the definition, the term nutrient also includes inorganic salts, because they are just as necessary to compensate for losses in the body as the organic compounds. For this reason, they were already listed among these before, when food substances were mentioned for the first time (see p. 14), and we must deal with them afterwards in order to be clear about what purpose they serve meet our body.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This chapter is part of the Springer Book Archives digitization project with publications that have appeared since the publisher's beginnings in 1842. With this archive, the publisher provides sources for both historical and disciplinary research, which must be viewed in a historical context. This chapter is from a book that was published before 1945 and is therefore not advertised by the publisher in its political-ideological orientation typical of the time.
Authors and Affiliations
- 1.Physiological InstituteUniversity of KielKielGermany
- What does a formative assessment mean
- What are the men in feminism
- How did modern people develop culture
- Which lipoprotein contains the maximum concentration of cholesterol?
- What if everyone is a god, god
- Frequent urination is a sign of conception
- How do I reset my LinkedIn profile
- Which country has many languages
- What are the effects of beam deflection
- How to make Afghan tea kahwah
- Where does Barack Obama live
- Who can help me to work abroad
- How has learning the Portuguese language changed your life?
- What is active and passive diffusion
- Can PPSSPP run all PS games
- What is an achievable goal
- Who is Indore's best physics teacher
- Why is evaporation an endothermic process
- Italian is an easy language to learn
- What is your favorite home repair project?
- When do you feel disrespected as a doctor?
- What is hyperrealism
- What is the demand in marketing
- How do I deploy a Turing machine
- What are the security risk management companies
- What is the simple pleasure of childhood
- Why are nuclear tests carried out
- What is industrial waste made of
- What is Scheuermann Disease
- What are some careers in quantum physics
- Batman is a science fiction
- Why are gas prices rising steadily